Wednesday, April 7, 2010

26 weeks

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I really am going to try to start posting either every day or every other day...sometimes I don't feel I have done anything productive so I am not sure what to post about!

We had a small scare on Thursday last week. I woke up with some blood. Not much, but enough to freak me out. I called the doctor and they said I could come in and they would check me out. I wasn't still bleeding...It was the weirdest thing. There was small amounts when I woke up...but when I would wipe or anything...nada!They did an ultrasound and Ayla was fine! She was moving, drinking fluid and everything was perfect. My cervix was closed and my placenta wasn't low and was in the right spot. So everything was fine. Doc did an exam and checked for an infection, which could irritate the cervix and there was no infection. I was glad about that but he said "Well now I have no clue why you bled?" Fabulous! None the less, Ayla is fine.

Here is my 26 week picture! I know...people keep telling me I won't make it to July! I know I am huge already but hey...I told you I wasn't one of those skinny girls who would just have a belly. I would have a face, hips, arms, legs, etc. I was right :-) By the way...the picture is a little blurry...poor Stuart- he is a terrible photographer. He counts to 1 and then clicks...I am never ready. He is fired!!

I am excited that on Thursday, I am heading up to NWA to see all my kiddos and teachers from school that I used to teach with. I miss everyone soooo much! I am also excited to be meeting up with Jenna for lunch on Friday!!! We have never met but have talked quite often. I can't wait to meet her!!

It will be a quick trip up and a quick trip home! I will be sure to post some fun pictures!

12 comments:

Jill M. said...

Bleeding, yeah, that would scare me too! So glad it was nothing! At least you got to see Ayla again.

Jenna said...

SOOO glad Ayla is A-OK! And I can't wait to meet you on Friday!!

Amber said...

I had the same thing happen to me around 26 weeks...strange! Glad to know that everything is okay.

The Trendy Family said...

You are adorable!! Enjoy every min. of being prego and a tiny bit chubby!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

i've had a scare like that with both pregnancies!! glad everything it ok! and you are one hot mama! i'm 22 weeks..and i hope i look that good when i am 26!!! love that skirt

Anonymous said...

hi! I randomly found your blog through a friends and let me tell you its a real encouragment to me! Finally letting go and giving pregnancy and babies to God is the only way to have peace. I finally let go and nowww... I am four weeks along, ( I know its not far but its a start)... I'm so glad to see your little princess is still healthy and all is well! God is good! He will take care of your family! Thank you for sharing your story and being such a great encouragment to me!

Sarah said...

What a scary moment you had! Glad to hear that everything is fine. And you are soo cute pregnant!!

Andrea said...

Come See me Come See me!!!

You are a cutie!

Robin said...

Yikes! Scary but what a great opportunity to see little Ayla again! Those moments are such a blessing. You look so beautiful. Happy and content. It makes me smile to see photos of you!

Lianna Knight said...

You look SO cute!!! I love the sandals too. I wish I WERE meeting you :( But we'll have our time. I am seriously going to plan a trip to see you and your mom this summer!

Unknown said...

found your blog through jenna :o)

so fun that you guys got to meet!!

your blog is great...

i'm a new follower!!!

Unknown said...

also on twitter -- @jenngetts