Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Life I Planned

The Life I Planned
Has someone seen the life I planned?
It seems it's been misplaced
I've looked in every corner
It's lost without a trace.
I've found one I don't recognize
Things missing that were dear
Promises I'd hoped to keep
And dreams I'd dreamed aren't here
Has someone seen the life I planned
Did it get thrown away?
God took my hand from searching
Then I heard Him say
"Child, your ears have never heard
Your eyes have never seen
Eternal plans I have for you
Are more than you could dream.
"you long to walk by sight
But I'm teaching eyes to see.
I know what I am doing.
'Til then, you must believe."
He's done so much, I felt ashamed
To know He heard my moans
To think I'd trade in all He's done
For plans made on my own.
I wept over His faithfulness
And how He'd proved Himself
How He'd gone beyond my dreams
And said to Him myself,
"No, my ears have never heard
My eyes have never seen
Eternal plans you have for me
Are more than I could dream.
"Yes, I long to walk by sight
but You're teaching eyes to see
You know what You are doing
'Til then, I must believe."
I felt His great compassion
Mercy unrestrained
He let me mourn my losses
And showed to me my gains.
I offered Him my future
And relased to Him my past
I traded in my dreams
For a plan He said would last
I get no glimpse ahead
No certainties at all
Except the presence of the One
Who will never let me fall.
Are you also searching
For a life you planned yourself?
Have you looked in every corner?
Have you checked on every shelf?
Child, your ears have never heard
Your eyes have never seen
Eternal plans He has for you
Are more than you could dream.
Perhaps you long to walk by faith
But He's teaching eyes to see
He knows what He is doing
Child, step out and believe.


This poem is written by Beth Moore. How much this poem means to me. Especially going through all of this infertility and getting upset, angry and depressed. God's plan for Stuart and I is something more than we could possibly dream up ourselves. He is faithful. He will be faithful. He is ALWAYS faithful. I have to release others from the burdens of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to Him. After all the things pondered...the dreams of a child...the realities of an adult...only one thing remains...HOPE!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is really beautiful! I understand where you're coming from...my hubby and I tried for over 3 years to conceive and were blessed that our first IVF cycle worked last winter. Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm holding our sweet little 7-week-old Caroline! It definitely didn't go according to our timetable, but things have worked out even better. Our struggle with IF made our faith and marriage stronger. I'm sure it will be the same for you! :-)
~jennifer
p.s. I found your blog through Mary Kate's...