Friday, June 18, 2010

BIG BABY GIRL!!!

Alright, get ready for this! I had my appointment today. I am 36 weeks and 5 days! Well, we did an ultrasound today to check and see how big Ayla is getting. This whole time she has been measuring about 2 weeks ahead...well now we know why. According to the us- she is about 2 weeks bigger than others at this stage and she is a little over 8 pounds right now! Let me repeat...8 pounds! I am not even 37 weeks yet...so that is 3 weeks early and she is already that big...yowza! Stuart was 10 pounds when he was born and I was almost 9, my brother was almost 10 and my great uncle was 13...so we have BIG babies in our family!

Now, doc did say that this little wheel around us machine isn't completely accurate. He said anytime you are measuring to see how big the baby is getting, you can usually go a pound either way...so she could really be just around 7 or maybe 9! Ha!

Here's the plan...I am going again on Thursday to have a BIG ultrasound with a big machine. This will give us a more accurate weight. After the us, we will plan our date for the next week! So, this little woman is coming in late June- unless she comes earlier on her own.

The only bad thing is that we are now probably looking at a C-section due to her size. He would not induce now b/c he WILL NOT induce before 38 weeks. I totally understand and am okay with that.

We talked a lot about C-sections and my scar tissue and issues and the doc seems 100% comfortable with a C-section. He said most IVF babies- 75% of the time will be a C-section b/c your doctor knows that you have been to HELL and back to finally achieve a pregnancy and they don't want to take any risk...so at anytime during labor- if your doctor feels uncomfortable with the way it is going or you show any sign of anything, he will get the baby out. That is what he told me...I could try for a natural if I wanted to but he wouldn't let me try for long before he would want to get her out. He did put his foot down and say if next week...if she is over 9 pounds and close to 9 1/2- he will not let me try naturally...he just wants to get her out!

So...the fact that she is so big, a natural birth might be too hard and too risky so we may just need to do a C-section! I know we were all concerned about a C-section with my scar tissue and problems inside but doc is completely comfortable with it.

All in God's hands! I am not worried. I trust my doc 100% so as long as he is okay with what is going on...so am I!

So...she will be here in about a week and a 1/2!!!! YEAH!!!!!

15 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Oh my goodness...that is so exciting to know that in less than 2 weeks she will be joining you all outside the womb! I was born via c section because I was 8lbs and 14 oz when I was born. Will be praying for you all and also for your Doctor's who will be in on the delivery whether it be natural or a section!

Jenny Harvey said...

Congrats Sarah!! I had a 9 pounder too! My one piece of advice I give all c-section moms is to curl-up and hold a pillow on your tummy if you need to laugh, sneeze or cough. I sneezed once soon after Solomon was born and nobody told me that. Very painful. Other than that, I had easy recoveries from both of my c-sections. I'm so excited for you!!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

haha love it!!l good luck with everything and i am so excited for you guys.. i don't even know you but i'm 32 weeks and so anxious to have our 2nd baby girl...you are so close to meeting your little eh big one!! haha.

Kelli said...

Wow! That is one healthy little girl!!

Hope the next week and a half flies by so you can finally see your miracle baby! So exciting! xoxo

Kara said...

It sounds like you have a great doctor!

Bonnie said...

They estimated Jarrett's weight wrong & he was smaller than they said. You really won't know until that baby pops out! You will be perfectly fine. I had to have a c-section & my water broke in my sleep in the middle of the night. It woke me up, but I never felt a contraction or anything. Everything worked out fine. The first week is rough b/c of the surgery, but you will be up & about with that baby in no time. Keep us all posted!

Jamie said...

I've been in your situation before. I had my daughter 2 weeks early and she was exactly 9 lbs. I had her naturally. It was a little rough but in the end turned out okay.

But I had my son at just under 36 weeks and he was 10 lbs., 10 ozs!! Needless to say, I had a c-section! We knee he was going to be big b/c at 33 weeks, he was measuring 8.5 pounds.

Coming from someone who had had both natural and c-section, there are pros and cons to both. I don't prefer one over another. Based on my natural birth with my daughter, there's no way I could've had my son naturally.

JamieJJamue said...

I've been in your situation before. I had my daughter 2 weeks early and she was exactly 9 lbs. I had her naturally. It was a little rough but in the end turned out okay.

But I had my son at just under 36 weeks and he was 10 lbs., 10 ozs!! Needless to say, I had a c-section! We knee he was going to be big b/c at 33 weeks, he was measuring 8.5 pounds.

Coming from someone who had had both natural and c-section, there are pros and cons to both. I don't prefer one over another. Based on my natural birth with my daughter, there's no way I could've had my son naturally.

Lianna Knight said...

WOW!! I can't believe how big that little miracle is!! I guess when I called her a JUMBO shrimp in the beginning, I was RIGHT :)

Praying for a beautiful baby and safe delivery!!!

Leslie said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now but this is my first time to comment. Just wanted to say that I'm soooo happy that Ayla is a big, healthy baby! Both my kids were 8+ and 9 lbs and big babies are the best :) So however she is delivered, all that matters is her healthy arrival. Congratulations!

Robin said...

Wow! A week and 1/2! That's amazing. She is a big girl - healthy and happy baby! Will be praying!!!

shauna said...

Sarah, I'm glad to hear you have a healthy baby girl in there! I can't wait to see pictures of her :) Will pray that everything goes smoothly for you, whether you have a c-section or natural birth. I had a c-section with my little man, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. I understand you have concerns with the scar tissue though. I cannot believe your baby girl will be here so soon! Excited for you!!!

Unknown said...

wow!!
big baby girl is RIGHT!!!!

praying for you to have a smooth delivery and a healthy baby girl!!!

Newlywed Next Door said...

So exciting! I was a 9 lb c-section baby myself -- my poor mom tried for almost 42 hours before finally giving in and having c-section. And that is why I'm an only child :)

But seriously, it's great to hear that she's big and healthy! And that she'll be here so soon!

Allie Reveley said...

that is wicked exciting! and wow!! that is a big girl! i'm so excited for you - what an extra treat. after all the waiting, you'll not have to wait any longer! can't wait to see her beautiful face! xo