Dear Diary,
This is Stuart. I know I haven't done this before, but since Sarah is incapacitated I thought I should post in her place.
We spent last night in Little Rock so we wouldn't have to worry about traffic and any other unforeseen hold-ups. (We are always aware of Murphy's Law.) We got up at about 8 this morning, got around, then made the 3 minute trip from our hotel to the clinic. They took Sarah in to do the procedure right at 10 and brought her back out around 10:50.
Before she was taken back we heard the woman a few curtains down talking with the anesthesiologist. It was quite comical. She kept asking how many follicles she had. To which the Dr. continued to reply with, "I'm not sure how many follicles, but it's the eggs that count and he got 8 eggs (Sarah's says 5, but which of us has had drugs today and which is clean?). " Anyway, as I said, we got a good laugh out of this continued dialogue for a little while until it was Sarah's turn to go back. But my thoughts to hearing that this woman, who probably has two ovaries, had 8 eggs retrieved led me to think that Sarah would have less. But after Sarah was out, and they had time to count, the nurse came to let us know that they had retrieved 19 eggs. That is right, no typo, 19 eggs came from my wonderful wife's lone ovary. Needless to say, God's blessings are continuing to overwhelm us. We are so thankful for all of the prayers that we have recieved.
As of right now, Sarah is doing good. She is still a bit nauseated, but that is her bodies typical response any time she has surgery and anesthetics. There are no signs of hyper-stimulation, but we will continue to pray that trend continues. We should hear something from the doctor or nurse tomorrow to let us know how well our sperm cells are bonding with the eggs. We will keep you posted.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Great news!! 19 is a GREAT #!! I'll keep praying those eggs fertilize into perfect little embryos!! Don't get discouraged this week...it will be a roller coaster possibly waiting on the daily updates!! Thanks Stuart for the update!!
Post a Comment